Monday, September 28, 2009

Veggie -loaded Tangy Tuna Salad

When my husband asked for tuna salad or lunch, I thought it was the perfect excuse to try this tuna salad. I have been making mine the same way forever, and I never order it at a restaurant. It's easy: tuna, miracle whip, mustard and relish. Never even measure. Well this recipe is basically the same . . . just with some veggies added. It gives it a crunchiness and makes it better for you. Sounds good to me.



Veggie-loaded Tangy Tuna Salad

8 ounce can of tuna packed in water, drained
1/2 cup finely chopped bell pepper (I used green, you can use any color)
1/4 cup chopped carrots
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/3 cup fat-free mayo or miracle whip
2 tsp honey mustard (or regular mustard)
1 tsp sweet relish
dash of salt
dash of pepper

Combine tuna, mayo, relish, mustard, salt and pepper. Add veggies. Stir and spread on bread or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment