Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Chicken and Mushroom Casserole

I love to make up casseroles involving chicken, cream of mushroom soup and rice. I utilized my leftover rice and whatever vegetables I had. You can even use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store to save time. They always come out yummy, you can't mess it up. This recipe is what I made, feel free to experiment.




Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
I didn't actually measure anything, so these are approximates.

1 -2 cups cooked rice
1 pack mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 cloves garlic
1-2 chicken breasts, shredded
1/2 cup shredded cheese, plus some to top casserole
1 cup frozen vegetables (peas, corn, carrots or mixed vegetables)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon sage
1 teaspoon thyme
salt
pepper


Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms in large skillet. Mix in rice, chicken, cheese, soup, and vegetables. Season with spices and spoon into casserole dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes more to brown cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment