Friday, October 23, 2009

Persimmon Pomegranate Fruit Salad

I suppose it's not very often that most people are wondering what to do with their pomegranates and stumble across a recipe with persimmons and think "hey, I have those too!" Well, it could happen. Or maybe you think this sounds good and want to take advantage of the fall fruit. The one thing I did not have was apples, so I substituted some pears. While this is not a complicated recipe, it is good. I think it is the only recipe for fruit salad in which I have ever used mint. Mint, when used correctly, is a great punch of flavor. Just don't use too much. I found this recipe on simplyrecipes.com.





Persimmon Pomegranate Fruit Salad

3 fuyu persimmons, peeled, chopped (1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces), seeds (if any) discarded

3/4 cup pomegranate seeds
1 Granny Smith or Fuji apple, peeled, cored, chopped (1/4 to 1/2 inch pieces)
7-10 leaves fresh mint, thinly sliced crosswise (stack then, then roll them up like a cigar and take slices from the end)
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon honey

Gently toss all of the ingredients together.
Keeps for at least a couple of days in the refrigerator, but best eaten same day it is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment