Monday, October 26, 2009

Green Goblin's Punch

With a title like this, it seems this recipe is perfect for Halloween. That was not my intention, but it works. I actually was reading about the nutritional benefits of avocado and decided there had to be a way to eat it but didn't taste it. Not a fan of guacamole. I found a bunch of smoothie and milkshake recipes. This is avocado drink recipe trial #1. With the strong flavors of orange and pineapple, the only reason you know this has avocados is the light green color. It is actually really good.




Green Goblin's Potion

1 medium or large ripe avocado
1 1/2 cup fresh pineapple
1 Tbs honey
1 1/2 cup orange juice
2 tsp lime juice (optional)
1/4 tsp coconut meat or flavor
2 ice cubes--or a handful

Blend all ingredients in the blender.
 
Website Source: bewellbuzz.com

2 comments:

  1. Did I inspire you? Also, it sounds better than the raspberry-avocado smoothie I made. Pineapple, orange, and coconut! YUM. How should I get the coconut flavor...can I use unsweetened or sweetened coconut from the bags? I have all of the other ingredients but not enough OJ, and sub-ing agave nectar and canned pineapple of course. I'm gonna try this later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you inspired me. I thought I had coconut "extract", but I think I used it all. So I just threw in a little coconut flake--the sweetened kind. I'm sure unsweetened would be fine. I also subbed canned pineapple cause at 5 am, who wants to cut up a pineapple. Most smoothies turn out yummy even when you don't follow the recipe exactly.

    ReplyDelete