Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Creamed Chicken and Biscuits

I was inspired while reading the most recent Sookie Stackhouse book to make creamed chicken and biscuits. I don't know if the ones I made are anything like the ones in the book, but they were good. I wanted to make the spinach casserole that Sookie ate as well, but my husband said no to that one. He doesn't like cooked spinach. I had my husband make the biscuits from scratch. He uses Alton Brown's recipe. They are  really good.
So I didn't follow the recipe exactly. I bought a rotisserie chicken, mixed the cream part, heated it up and served it on top of the biscuits. My husband sprinkled cheese on his and I just used pepper. It was mighty good and very easy to make--except the biscuits from scratch. Feel free to buy the premade kind or it would even be good on rice.







Creamed Chicken and Biscuits

Biscuits
1/2 Large onion

1 1/2 tsp Butter (or margarine)
4 cups Chopped cooked chicken breasts
1 (10 3/4 oz) can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 cup Lowfat sour cream
1/2 cup Fat free milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Black pepper

Chop the onion. Heat butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until melted. Stir in onion. Saute until tender. Add chicken, soup, sour cream, and milk to skillet. Heat through. Serve over biscuits. Sprinkle with cheese and black pepper.

Source: meals matter

No comments:

Post a Comment