Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Gluten-Free Brownies

I am lucky not to have to worry about avoiding gluten, but I have at least one friend that I know that does. I thought I would try and have a few recipes in my repetoire that I know taste good. I found this recipe on the food blog Elana's Pantry. She does all gluten-free using mostly almond flour and has a cookbook out as well. Since Elana does not recommend Bob's Red Mill almond flour for her recipes, I ordered some flour from Honeyville online. I thought these brownies were very good. They were fluffy and did not taste like beans--so that was good. Some flours have garbanzo bean flour in them and it can be a little overpowering. These are definitely the cake-like brownies. I recommend them for any celiacs out there.




Gluten-Free Brownies


1 (16) ounce jar salted almond butter, smooth roasted
2 eggs
1 ¼ cups agave nectar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup cocoa powder
½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dark chocolate chips 73%

In a large bowl, blend almond butter until smooth with a hand blender. Blend in eggs, then blend in agave and vanilla. Blend in cocoa, salt and baking soda, then fold in chocolate chips. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan. Pour batter into pan. Bake at 325° for 35-40 minutes

1 comment: