Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies

These are basically a recipe from Betty Crocker. I just changed half the chocolate chips to milk chocolate. These are hands down the best cookies in the world. They are perhaps the best food in the world. I think if I were on a deserted island, I would want these with me. The secret to making truly great cookies is to cook them just right. Not too crispy, not too raw (some grocery stores often have that not cooked enough center, ick). The size of the cookie affects that a little. So keep an eye on them while they are cooking!




Chocolate Chip Cookies

2/3 cup margarine (I prefer to use Imperial margarine rather than butter in these)
2/3 cup shortening (I use the butter flavored one)
2 eggs
1 T vanilla
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
3 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chip
6 ounces milk chocolate chips

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Mix thoroughly shortening, butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly before removing from sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment