Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunflower Seed Crusted Tilapia

When I first tasted this recipe, I thought it need more flavor. After another bite, I decided I really liked it anyway. I didn't squeeze lemon juice on the fish at the end. I think that would have been what it needed. It's very light and healthy and easy to make. The original recipe called for orange roughy, but tilapia is cheap and easy to find. Plus I like it. So use whatever fish you like :)




Sunflower Seed Crusted Tilapia

2 large egg whites
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
1/2 cup Italian-seasoned panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
3 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seed kernels
4 tilapia filets
Cooking spray
Lemon slices (optional)

Preheat oven to 475°. Place a jelly-roll pan in oven while preheating. Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir with a whisk until foamy. Combine panko and sunflower seed kernels in a shallow dish. Dip fillets in egg white mixture; dredge in panko mixture. Place fish on a wire rack; let stand 10 minutes.

Remove jelly-roll pan from oven; coat pan with cooking spray. Coat fish with cooking spray; place on pan. Bake at 475° for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Serve with lemon slices, if desired.

Source: Cooking Light

No comments:

Post a Comment